- ZK/U welcomes artists, researchers, practitioners, activists that concern themselves with the phenomenon of 'the city'. (All disciplines and professions are welcome)
- The programme is open to a range of contemporary artistic positions that are conceptual, interventionist and contextual.
- Artists are expected to have a broad record of projects and exhibitions.
- Scholars and practitioners should have some years of professional experience.
- One can apply individually or as a group.
- Group applications consisting of artists working together with scholars or practitioners from other disciplines are especially welcome.
- There are no limitations concerning age or region of provenance of the applicant.
- ZK/U seeks proactive practitioners with an open mind for divergent positions and for possible collaborations with fellow residents as well as ZK/U’s programme, infrastructure, and diverse audiences.
- ZK/U is interested in proposals that have a certain relevance either to ZK/U as an institution or to Berlin.
- The application proposal should be coherent with the Open Call’s conceptual framework and investigation leads.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- a studio-apartment for living and working
- access to communal spaces (kitchen, terrace, library)
- a special residency program of weekly dinners, monthly studio visits and bi-monthly open studio events (OPENHAUS)
- the possibility to take part or be part of ZK/U’s public events
- support to locate events, resources, and urban discourses relevant to the fellows’ research interests
- support to create self-initiated public events or formats
- promotion of the fellows’ work online and locally
RESIDENCY FEE & DURATION
For individual fellows, depending on the studio-apartment and length of stay, the residence fees are between €550 and €850 a month. The residency period varies from 3 to 8 months, and can take place within the next two years after the applicant receives a confirmation. After being selected, ZK/U will support the invited residential fellow in their efforts to secure funding through external grants by providing the fellow with an official invitation and a list of potential funders.
Please only submit your application within the Open Call period.
To apply, please:
- fill out the application form
- send your application documents via wetransfer
For questions, make sure to check our FAQ page.
APPLICATION MATERIAL (in German or English):
- Application form
- Curriculum vitae (PDF, max. 2 pages)
- A selection of 2 to 3 projects representing a practice relevant to our conceptual framework (please include descriptions of those projects) (PDF, max. 10 pages)
- A detailed working plan (only if you are applying for a residency that is longer than 6 months) (PDF, max. 2 pages)
Please send the PDF documents (max. 15mb and 14 pages combined) through wetransfer to email@example.com
Additional material can be sent by post to: Zentrum für Kunst und Urbanistik - Residency Siemensstrasse 27, 10551 Berlin Germany
(Please note that we cannot send back application material and that ZK/U is not able to take any responsibility for the arrival and preservation of the material that is sent to us!)