Speisekino Moabit 2017 #20 / Food and Footage
BERLIN ART WEEK
- Der Fuehrer’s Face aka. Donald Duck in Nutzi Land (cartoon), 1943, 8'
- Education for Death (cartoon), 1943, 12'
- Your Job in Germany (dir. Frank Capra, United States War Department) 1945, 15'
- Communism Comes To China (newsreel), 1950s, 4'
- Survival Under Atomic Attack (The United States Office of Civil Defense), 1951, 10'
- Germany: Red Spy Target, 1962, 15'
- Break to change spools – Know Your Enemy: The Vietkong (U. S. Department of Defense), 1960s, 18'
- Airforce Weapons Film, 10'
- America´s in Real Trouble, (dir. Tom Palazzolo, experimental), 15'
History as told through American propaganda films from the world war to the cold war: transmediale has invited the renegade film archaeologist Jack Stevenson to present an evening of titles from his collection of classic and notorious 16mm shorts. Mixing satire, patriotism and graphic violence, these in your face films contain uncanny relations to our own “post-factual” present.
The evening is capped off by “America’s in Real Trouble”, a more down to earth yet equally surreal portrait of everyday life in 1960s America by Chicago-based experimental filmmaker Tom Palazzolo.
This event is presented by transmediale in the run up to the transmediale festival 2018 “Face Value”, 31.01 – 04.02, 2018. www.transmediale.de
∆ Menu: Corn-based portions made from the best ingredients the people could find.
>> For food, please register via mail: speisekino(at)zku-berlin.org
∆ Curators: Kristoffer Gansing / Jack Stevenson
Doors open at 19:00
Food served at approx. 19:30
7,50 € per Menu
Film by dusk on the ZK/U terrace!
Photo: Smithsonian Public Domain
Speisekino Moabit 2017 - All dates and movies: http://www.zku-berlin.org/satellite/speisekino-moabit-2017/
'Food and Footage' is co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union and is part of the project Shared Cities: Creative Momentum (SCCM).