ZK/U Berlin is undergoing a phase of transformation.
An extensive expansion of the Center for Art and Urbanism (ZK/U) is taking place as part of an energetic renovation. The newly created spaces offer room for artistic experiments, neighborhood projects and events.
The eye-catcher and laboratory centerpiece of the ZK/U vision of the future is an 'Urbane Bühne' (Urban Stage) visible from afar on the new roof terrace.
In order to open up the process of transformation to future users and make it open to discussion, ZK/U is installing a scaled-down version of the roof terrace on the front yard of the building. This space, a construction based on containers and scaffolding and equipped with event technology, is the temporary spatial center for co-produced test formats, workshops and projects.
The process of program development is deliberately designed to be inclusive, low-threshold and open-ended, turning the urban users of the programs into producers.
The downscaled 'Urbane Bühne' fills the process of transformation with life. Unlike a building sign, which hides the sometimes difficult reality with idealized photo-renderings, the 'BauSchilderung' (‘Construction Explained’) tries to draw an open-ended picture of the future on the basis of lived projects and events.
What can be expected:
- ZK/U formats - rethought (GÜTERMARKT, SPEISEKINO, OPENHAUS, FUSSBALLA)
- JugendKunstKollektiv – a hybrid of social questions and artistic forms of young park users
- A transdisciplinary real-lab dedicated to the dialogue between humans and nature, researching a climate-resilient ZK/U future and testing creative ideas in various real-life experiments.
- Artistic actions by ZK/U residents
- Encounter formats with the Moabit neighborhood
- Guest events from other campuses of Urbane Praxis