Martin Conrads is an author and cultural producer who lives in Berlin. He studied Communications, Psychology and Medieval and Modern History at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz and at the Freie Universität Berlin. Since the 1990s he has produced and internationally presented and exhibited works individually and as a member of collectives and groups (i.e. convex tv., test bed, edit suisse group) with a bias on critical media concepts, speculative realities, conceptual publications and radio plays.
He has contributed to numerous publications, newspapers and magazines (Ästhetik und Kommunikation, Cabinet, De:Bug, goethe.de, mute, Springerin, die tageszeitung, Texte zur Kunst etc.). In 2001/ 02 he was editor for the art magazine Texte zur Kunst“. In 2003/04 he was member of the curatorial team of the “6th Werkleitz Biennial” in Halle (Saale). In 2005 he worked as a producer and editor for the German-Polish artist radio “Radio Copernicus”. In 2006/07 he was co-publisher and editor of the German-Hungarian publication project “Die Planung / A Terv”. In 2013 he was co-curator of the “Werkleitz Jubiläum Festival” in Halle (Saale). Since 2007 he taught at the Berlin University of the Arts, the Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences and the HMKW University of Applied Sciences for Media, Communication and Management.
Recent book publications:
- ohne mich. Berlin: Revolver Publishing 2014.
- War postdigital besser? (Eds. Martin Conrads and Franziska Morlok) Berlin: Revolver Publishing 2014.
- Liebeslexikon (Eds. Martin Conrads, Fons Hickmann and Franziska Morlok). Mainz: Verlag Hermann Schmidt 2016.
- Helibo Seyoman (Eds. Martin Conrads, Franziska Morlok and Bogna Świątkowska). Warsaw: Bęc Zmiana 2016.
- Archiv aus Schriften der Universität der Künste Berlin (Eds. Martin Conrads and Franziska Morlok). Berlin: Verlag der Universität der Künste Berlin 2016.