Internship at the Artist Residency
The residency programme of ZK/U - Center for Art and Urbanistics is regularly searching for interns.
In the context of its art and research residency programme, ZK/U offers a ‘living & work’ space for artists, scholars and practitioners that concern themselves with the concept and context of ‘the city’. The programme is open to contemporary artistic positions that are conceptual, interventionist and contextual. Work at ZK/U is informed by theoretical and practice-based critiques within the fields of urban research, geography, anthropology, urbanism, architecture and the humanities. ZK/U focuses on the processes that come from, and feed into the particular contexts of the fellows’ practices, whether they be locally-defined situations or international discourses.
The intern will engage in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of an international nonprofit organisation and will gain experience while being introduced to a vast network of artists, scholars and practitioners. Due to the residency's small team, interns play an important role in the administration of the programme.
The internship potentially provides a foundation in a variety of skills, experience and contacts for a future career as a projectmanager, curator, arts administrator, etc.
Core responsibilities of interns at ZK/U
- Administration and organisation of the ongoing “Artist in Residence” Programme
- Preparation, facilitation, and organisation of events and projects
- Support in the area of marketing and event management
- Close work with an international team
- Organisational system design (database related)
- Assisting artists in residence
- Planning and coordination of the residency's monthly open studio format
- Interest in art and social questions
- Fluency in English (other languages are always welcome)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills (Excel, Word etc.)
- Relevant field of study, or strong personal interest in the work of ZK/U
- Not afraid of working with your hands, if necessary
- Independent and responsable worker, willing to take initiative, quick learner
- Available 5 days a week for a minimum of four months and availability for weekly evening programming.
- Grant to fund your internship (Leonardo, Erasmus +, Erasmus Young Entrepreneur, etc.) or internship as part of study track (Germans studying abroad are especially encouraged to apply!)
- Good German skills
- Experience with TYPO3 and InDesign, Photoshop
If you are interested in applying for an internship at the artist residency at ZK/U please send:
- An up-to-date CV
- A motivation letter explaining why you would like to work in the residency programme of ZK/U and what kind of funding you have