Internship at the artist residency
Starting from September or October 2018.
The ZK/U opened its doors not a long time ago, this is the opportunity to get engaged in a wide range of activities right from the start. The interns will engage in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of an international not-for-profit organization and will gain experience while being introduced to a vast network of artists, scholars and practitioners. Due to ZK/U's small staff, interns play an important role in the administration of ZK/U’s overall program.
ZK/U internships potentially provide a foundation in a variety of skills, experience and contacts for a future career as a curator, artist, arts administrator, etc.
Core responsibilities of interns at ZK/U
- Planning and organisation of the ongoing “Artist in Residence” Program.
- Preparation, facilitation, and organization of events and projects
- Support in the area of marketing and event management
- Close work with an international team
- Organizational system design (database related)
- Assisting artists in residence
- Fluency in English (other languages are always welcome)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills
- Relevent field of study, or strong personal interest in the work of ZK/U
- Interest in art and social questions
- Independent and responsable worker, willing to take initiative, quick learner
- Available four days a week for a minimum of four months and availability for occasional evening programming.
- Grant to fund your internship (Leonardo, Erasmus +, Erasmus Young Entrepeneur, etc.) or internship as part of study track (Germans studying abroad are especially encouraged to apply!)
- Good German skills
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Not afraid of working with your hands, if necessary
The next possibility to start an internship will be in September or October.
If you are interested in applying for an internship at the artist residency at ZK/U please send:
- An up-to-date CV
- A brief statement as to why you would like to work at ZK/U