Internship at the artist residency
The ZK/U opened its doors not a long time ago, this is the opportunity to get engaged in a wide range of activities right from the start. The interns will engage in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of an international not-for-profit organization and will gain experience while being introduced to a vast network of artists, scholars and practitioners. Due to ZK/U's small staff, interns play an important role in the administration of ZK/U’s overall program.
ZK/U internships potentially provide a foundation in a variety of skills, experience and contacts for a future career as a curator, artist, arts administrator, etc.
Core responsibilities of interns at ZK/U
- Planning and organisation of the ongoing “Artist in Residence” Program.
- Preparation, facilitation, and organization of events and projects
- Support in the area of marketing and event management
- Close work with an international team
- Organizational system design (database related)
- Assisting artists in residence
- Fluency in English (other languages are always welcome)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills
- Relevent field of study, or strong personal interest in the work of ZK/U
- Interest in art and social questions
- Independent and responsable worker, willing to take initiative, quick learner
- Available four days a week for a minimum of four months and availability for occasional evening programming.
- Grant to fund your internship (Leonardo, Erasmus +, Erasmus Young Entrepeneur, etc.) or internship as part of study track (Germans studying abroad are especially encouraged to apply!)
- Good German skills
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Not afraid of working with your hands, if necessary
The next possibility to start an internship is in summer 2018 around June/July. We don't accept applications till January 2018.